For sale is my 1969 Chevy Camaro Z28 clone restomod / pro touring. Under the hood is a trued 468ci Big Block Chevy (BBC) with high performance Chevy Corvette rectangle port iron heads, forged internals, custom camshaft, MSD Ignition, Holley 4150 Street Series carb (no choke), Holley electric fuel pump and fuel pressure gauge, Fram fuel filter, Wilwood front disc brake conversion with Wilwood master cylinder, Hooker 1 7/8” long tube headers coupled to 3” full length Flowmaster exhausts, Edelbrock dual plane intake manifold, Be Cool aluminum radiator with electric fan and oil intercooler, Turbo 400 / TH400 3 speed automatic gearbox connected to a fresh built 12 Bolt Chevy posi LSD rear end and Trick Flow diff cover for added strength. She pushes out about 500hp and at the same time very drivable. Yes, she’s very fast and perfectly loud, not to be confused with the small block versions… The engine would be a fortune to build and is capable of far more if you wish to take it upwards. She has custom billet rocker covers, billet pulleys, billet fender braces to set the engine bay off – a work of art. She runs bang on 90-95C temp which is great for such a powerful engine.
She has QA1 front suspension, mono leaf rear suspension, Koni adjustable shock absorbers and American Racing Torque Thrust M wheels, shod with 245 front and new 275 wide rear tyres with full tread.
The interior trim is as per premium Z28 model, together with full custom dash insert with 6 Autometer Sport Comp gauges just fitted with interchangeable red back lighting – Speedo, Tacho, Volt meter, Oil pressure, Fuel gauge, Water temp, including push button start and fighter jet style switches for fuel pump, washers etc. and a new OMP steering wheel. The interior is in very good condition with full seat belts. I wanted to maintain originality inside the car, but again, the choice is yours to customize further.
I’ve spent a lot of time and money as you can tell on the car – here is a list of what’s been done:
- New body panels all around – doors, wings, inner wings, boot / trunk, hood / bonnet, arches etc.
- Fresh paint bare panel in gloss black. I’d give the paint a 9/10 – very difficult to get black right and this has been done well.
- New HID lights to UK spec.
- New floor pan to drivers side, passenger side OK. New inner sills. New body mounts (common issue on Camaros).
- New gearbox tail housing bearing and seal, new gearbox mount, new gearbox sump gasket and fresh oil (deep pan so more oil, lower operating temp).
- Wilwood front disc brake conversion, 12.19" drilled rotor and 4 piston calliper. All new brake lines throughout.
- Carb refresh kit installed and freshly set up.
- New washer system for UK MOT.
- All new custom dash insert and gauges, together with full rewire – new fuse boxes, looms etc. all done to modern standards.
- New battery (which I maintain on constant trickle charge / drain to keep in top condition) located in the trunk / boot.
- New Koni rear adjustable shock absorbers.
- Upgraded the header breathers to channel the crank case fumes away from the cabin of the car.
- Fresh engine oil and filter.
- New wiper motor.
I am moving house and I lose my garage space sadly, and so that’s the reason for the hugely reluctant sale. Every time I take her out, there are people stopping to chat, tooting their horns, giving thumbs up, turning heads etc. and so gets more attention than a supercar. I never take her out in the rain and specifically damp proofed my garage. All the work has been done professionally at huge cost, by 2 specialist American car mechanics I would trust my life with – I’ll gladly recommend you contact them and use them if you wish. All I respectfully ask is that you come with a view to buy rather than to kick tires. After I move house, the car will be stored at Sterling Motors near Wetherby, Leeds. I believe this is a £40k+ Car for valuation purposes. The receipt folder is 3" thick so has a detailed service history for the new owner to take on her new journey. Thanks, Paul