The car was originally built in 2009 for competing in historic endurance rallies, when the following modifications were made:
- Complete body overhaul and full respray in Monza Red
- Roll Center roll cage (currently only the rear half is installed, but the front legs are included)
- Stainless steel exhaust manifold
- Large alloy sump guard which includes gearbox protection
- Composite fuel tank guard
- Slotted and cross drill front discs with EBC Green Stuff pads
- 5x New alloy wheels (which are still in excellent condition)
- Electric, Fuel and brake lines run inside the car
- Electronic ignition
- Oil cooler with braided hoses
- Baffled Sump
- Thermostat driven Revotec electric fan with manual override inside the car
- Uprated suspension bushes throughout
- Autolec electric cut off switch
- Cibie aux spotlights correctly wired in with relay and dash mounted switch
- Terratrip with additional driver display (distance only for historic rallying)
- Brantz Rally Timer with sunshine filter and remote control
- Navigators foot rest, hella map light and additional in car LED lighting and storage pockets
2011 – Engine Upgrade
Peter Burgess Fast Road engine was installed with a piper 285 cam, lightened and balanced with K&N air filters. Bored to plus 60 giving 1867cc, rolling road print out shows engine readings of 99.6hp and 121.2 ft lbs of torque. Not sure what the engine currently shows, but has done circa 10k miles since being built and certainly pulls very nicely indeed!
Dry stored for a period of time with very little use.
- Fully recommissioned, serviced and set up by Kevin Savage Motorsport, including 5 new Uniroyal tyres
- Upgraded headlights to quad optics
- Twin coil installed
- Rear suspension upgrade to Gaz adjustable
- Mk1 Mazda MX5 front seats offering luxury motoring! These are hard to find on their own in this condition
I purchased the car early 2017.
The Radiator was recored.
It was given a Full service.
New front discs, pads and callipers were fitted.
The front shox were replaced and the car MOT'd to end of March 2018
Summary of Spares (mostly used):
2x Speedo cables, 1 with trip probe
4x Oil filters
1 Pair of front brake pads
1 Gaz shocker
1 Distributor and numerous caps
2x Sets of HT leads
Pair of shortened window winders for if the front half of the roll cage is fitted
original number plate
Selection of gaskets, belts and hoses
Body colour paint
MOT to June 2018 – Advisories on shock absorbers and brakes which have all been rectified. Road Tax Exempt (historic vehicle), folder full of invoices from 2009 onwards. Full service March 2017
The car has been used for numerous European historic rallies with faultless reliability, along with more local, club events - all on non damaging surfaces. It's ideally set up to continue with these types of event or hill climbs, sprints or simply as an enjoyable summer ride.
A great reliable car with good body work, strong engine, good gearbox and overdrive, it is quite simply ready to go and enjoy.