This Porsche was produced on January 3' of 1965, 18 days before the production of the 356 C coupe ended on January 21, 1965. Mr. Richard W. Ruble, 35 Granada Court, Portola Valley in California took delivery of the car in the early spring of 1965. The last Cabriolet left Porsche’s Zuffenhausen works on April 28, 1965. This 356 SC Coupe, chassis numbered 221478, is accompanied by a copy of the factory Kardex production record and a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. A very honest and complete example including all five date-coded wheels 12/64. This car with VIN # 221478 is presented in its striking factory-specified livery of Signal Red (Signal Rot # 6407 B) paint over black leatherette upholstery. This 356 was optioned with trim strips, ventilated painted wheels, and Dunlop 165 - 15 tires. While # 221478 was originally equipped with SC engine # 813460, it has been replaced in the past with correct SC engine # 810018. The body and gaps are very straight and consistent, with the factory body numbers present on the hood and deck lid.
This beautiful Porsche 356 SC is well presented and cared for with period correct Samsonite luggage, and a spare and a jack. Car also has its original 6,000 RPM red line SC electronic tachometer. Optional from the factory includes a pair of driving lights, a set of seatbelts, Blaupunkt Radio Frankfurt De Luxe, two factory installed speakers, antenna, horn-ring, and Coconut floor mats. The car sits now on a set of Michelin ZX 175 R 15 tires. Odometer reading 51,776 miles.
This Porsche 356 SC was treated with a very high quality concourse restoration
HISTORY OF 356 SC
The final expression of Porsche’s original model series, the 356 C, debuted for sale in July 1963. While differing little at first glance from the prior 356 B, the new 356 C was carefully refined and improved in many ways. Mechanically, the 356 C marked a forward leap with standard four-wheel disc brakes, new 15 and “quoted” ventilated wheels, suspension tweaks yielding better handling, and deeper, bucket-style reclining seats from Porsche’s recently acquired coachbuilding subsidiary, Reutter Karosserie. Engine development was led by Hans Mezger with Porsche’s pushrod-engine lineup reorganized and improved. Among these changes, the 95 hp 1600 SC unit replaced the prior Super 90 as the most powerful pushrod-type engine in Porsche’s road cars, second only to the race-oriented Carrera 2 four cam engines. In both cases, driveability and performance improved, with the 1600 SC engine capable of propelling the 356 C to speeds of 120 mph. Matched to an all-synchromesh four-speed gearbox, communicative suspension, and sharp steering response, the 356 C provided a thrilling driving experience.
Only serious request will be considered. NO TRADE
Please only serious request will be considered.
Request with no name and location will not replied.
Thank you for your understanding.